- [IMPORTANT] In Canada & the US, It’s important that you never use a photo on your resume. Never include your age, marital status, or Passport information.
- Use easy-to-read fonts, preferably just Arial.
- Keep your resume to 1 page only, unless you have 20 PHDs.
Download From 10+ Canadian/US-Style Resume Templates & Edit
Simply select File > Make a copy > OK. You can then make any changes you want to this copy.
Learn how to hack the hiring process
4. Include the skills you’ve learned in college/university, list the software you learned, but only include them if they are relevant to the job.
5. Spellcheck often. No spelling errors.
6. Save the resume as your full name, for example, JenniferWatsonResume.PDF
What Do Canadian & US Employers Want?
Canadian-Style & US-Style Resume Standards
- Companies and Employers set an ATS which stands for Applicant Tracking System. It’s a database system that they use to filter through job applicants.
- 99% of Fortune 500 Companies use Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
2. One of the strongest strategies to stand out from the competition is to make sure your resume is very similar to the job description, with matching skills, qualifications, and experience levels.
3. With each application, edit your resume so you get picked up by the ATS system and get the job. Above is an example of a sample resume where information is clear, to-the-point, and ATS friendly.
In March 2021, we’re bringing content on Cover Letters
– MangoVisa Team
Sign Up Today & Receive Email-Only Immigration Guides
Company Sponsorship & PR Success Stories Included